2011 Wrap UpPosted by Danny Wood on December 31, 2011
Highlights for 2011-
* Over $99,000 from the Harley Davidson raffle
* Over $23,000 raised by Miami Team Betty
* Over $23,000 raised by Team Betty Canada
* Over $16,000 from Pink Night (should we do it again?)
* An additional $11,000 + from the Cruisers donations
* Over $15,000 raised by the Boston 3 Day team
* 3 Day teams in Boston, Tampa, San Francisco, San Diego and Seattle (most ever 3 Day teams, but 2012 will have even more!)
* Over $9,000 raised by Batting For Betty in Boston
* First ever teams in Chile, Panama, Greece, Germany, South Korea, UK, and The Netherlands
* 600+ Team Betty walkers
* Cat's 200+ mile bike ride for Remember Betty
2011 was an incredible year. But let’s make 2012 the biggest yet. Let’s get past $1,000,000 raised in the fight against breast cancer. We can do it!
I want to thank all of you for all your hard work. I also am so grateful for all the sentimental gifts you give me. Pictures of my mom, videos, interviews, etc. I will never be able to thank you enough for the bond you have created between my children and Nana Betty Wood. They know who she is, what she stood for, and how much she loved me. This is because all of you continue to share your special memories of Betty with my children and me. I am proud beyond words to know my mother’s memory has influenced so many. Everything I am and continue to be I owe to Betty Wood. She shines down on all of us everyday.
Mom, I love you and miss you.