Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jordan Knight Advises One Direction: “Don’t Have Regrets”


April 12, 2012 9:45 AM


Jordan Knight was just 14-years-old when he got his start in New Kids On the Block. By the time he was 18 the band was a global sensation. So, he is one artist that knows exactly what One Direction has been facing.
Knight recently sat down with CBS Local and shared his advice for the U.K. sensation.
“I listen to the radio a lot because I have two kids and I take them back and forth to school and hockey practice and they listen to Top 40 radio stations,” he said. “One Direction is very big right now. That’s how old I was when we made it really big.”
Having been given advice continually when NKOTB were at the height of their fame, he had some words to share with One Direction.
“I would say have fun, man and don’t listen to people giving you advice. We always got advice when we were young. When we were just getting famous the same questions were posed to other, older veteran artists. We would always get a little ticked off,” he said. “Having gone through that, my advice is have fun and don’t listen to the critics.”


Knight further stressed to have fun with band members and with all the fans.
“Don’t take yourself too seriously, but take yourself seriously,” he said. “There’s a reason why these guys are famous because they’re talented. They have good songs. Have fun with it. Believe in yourself.”
Knight just finished a solo tour and is headed to the U.K. next week with NKOTB and Backstreet Boys. While he has enjoyed success throughout his career, he said he wished he knew a lot more before he stepped into the music industry.
“I wish I knew a lot of things, but you don’t. I don’t have regrets. I don’t believe in regrets,” he said. “Regrets do nothing for you. Memories are good to learn from, but regrets, there is no need for them. If I knew now what I knew then, my goodness I think a lot of things would be different, but such is life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment