Monday, June 20, 2011

Jonathan Knight Of New Kids On The Block Tweets He's Got No 'Butt Babies'

Jonathan Knight Of New Kids On The Block Tweets He's Got No 'Butt Babies'

By On Top Magazine Staff
Published: June 20, 2011
Jonathan Knight, who acknowledged in January that he's gay, tweeted on Sunday that he isn't a father because “butt babies don't live.”
The 42-year-old New Kids on the Block singer tweeted on Father's Day to his nearly 100,000 followers: “Butt babies don't live … So once again, no Happy Fathers day for me..... To all the men that tapped the vag and had kids...enjoy your day!”
Knight acknowledged he's gay after nineties pop star Tiffany outed him on cabler Bravo's late night chat show Watch What Happens Live.
Tiffany messaged on Twitter after the broadcast: “Really didn't know that was the wrong thing to say. Never meant to hurt Jon.”
But Knight, who has reunited with his bandmates on a new tour this summer, laughed off the gaffe, saying he was never in the closet.
In a blog posting titled TO ALL MY FANS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED CONCERN, Knight addressed the issue of his sexuality. (The full blog post is available at Towleroad.com.)
“I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never knew that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay!”
“I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don't discuss their private lives and their loved ones and I don't feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!”

No comments:

Post a Comment