NKOTBSB Releasing An Album, Look To Fans For Suggestions




Jordan Knight recently teased that New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys were recording a batch of new tracks together before they kick off their big NKOTBSB tour this summer. The latest news is that their efforts will see the light of day on May 24 when the official NKOTBSB album drops. The guys announced their forthcoming album on Monday (March 14) and the fans will have quite a bit of input on it.
In addition to the new songs, the bands will each include five of their own classic songs on the album. Being that I am the biggest fan of both groups, I decided to put my picks out there in the hopes that someone in either band takes my opinion into account when planning the track list.
Backstreet Boys
"I Want It That Way"
Hands down still one of the greatest, strangely tragic pop songs of all time, featuring a rare appearance from Kevin Richardson's belting voice.
"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
For those who aren't diehard BSB fans they may have wondered why the song "Backstreet's Back" ended up on their debut album, it's because that album was only their United States debut. They were truly back for more in every other part of the world.
"I'll Never Break Your Heart"
It feels sacrilegious to do it without Kevin Richardson, but this is still one killer ballad.
"Shape Of My Heart"
Just give it another listen. It's so good.
"As Long As You Love Me"
Just a catchy pop tune. I'd also accept "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)" as an equally acceptable choice for the final cut.
New Kids on the Block
"You Got It (The Right Stuff)"
Need I say more?
"Please Don't Go Girl"
Joey McIntyre's vocals on this sugary sweet ballad still break my heart.
"Step by Step"
Any song that includes a step-by-step how-to guide on all the ways these guys love us is a given.
"Tonight"
The most awesomely meta pop song of all time. It includes lines like, "Remember when we said, girl, please don't go, and how I'd be loving you forever, taught you 'bout hangin' tough as long as you got the right stuff, didn't we, girls, ooh, didn't we, girls, aah?" Fantastic!
"Call It What You Want"
We called it love the moment we heard this song that really could only exist on early '90 pop radio. Anyone got a time machine?

 http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/03/14/nkotbsb-album/

Comments