Shows: NKOTBSB (Fenway Park)

by Phil DeSimone

Fenway Park!!! The cathedral of Boston. I was fortunate enough to photograph NKOTBSB for the 2nd time at this amazing Boston landmark.

All 9 members were introduced as if they were players in the ballgame. The guys came out of the dugout, all with Red Sox jerseys on. They all took to the stage and ran right by me. If I had been a female aged 11-77, I would have fainted on the spot and had nothing to report. The shoot was a little further back then when they play the arenas but it definitely provided a chance for me to get some different shots than what has been on the tour so far.

Boston was cloudy and sprinkling on and off all day. Luckily when I arrived and the guys were ready to take the stage, it had subsided. Mayor Tom Menino came out to start things off. He introduced Mark Wahlberg who had nothing but good things to say about the band and how if it weren’t for his brother Donnie, he’d probably be incarcerated somewhere.

Out come the guys and the energy of the crowd was amazing, in fact one of the loudest I have heard. The rain held out for the songs I was allowed to shoot but it did really start to come down for a bit afterward. That didn’t dampen the crowds spirits by any means. They came to see 9 hunks get down and nothing was gonna make them end the party early.

A definite highlight for me being able to be on the field at Fenway. Check out NKOTBSB when in your area!!!

Source: http://fromthephotopit.com/2011/06/13/nkotbsb-fenway-park/

Comments