Wednesday, July 27, 2011

new blocknation's blog from Jon

8/13

Jul 27, 2011 By: Jonathan Knight

The title basically says it all ,8 shows, and 13 days left on the NKOTBSB tour! Some people get upset when I talk of the tour coming to an end. Frankly, I am not a machine and it is past time to get home to my own familiar surroundings, my family, friends, and a normal sleeping pattern!

It will be hard to say goodbye once again to an amazing group of people! We had the most dedicated crew this tour, setting up and tearing down our stage every day! They always seemed to have a smile on their faces daily, even after only getting a few hours sleep, and not that many days off! I admire these men and woman! They are my kind of people. Hardworking everyday down to earth people! So much emphasis is placed on us the performers, truth of the matter, there would not be a show night after night without our amazing group of crew members and our bus and truck drivers who haul us and our stuff across the continent.

Working with the Backsteet Boys has truly been an incredible experience. NKOTBSB may come to an end sometime in the future but in my heart NKOTBSB will live on forever. I have grown fond of these guys and have enjoyed sharing the stage with them city after city! It is nice to work with other artists who have been through so many similar situations and experiences as we have! These guys have mastered their craft the same way we have, years and years of doing it. This business is tough, and can through many curves your way as you sail along! As long as you take the ride, doing the best you can do, the journey is amazing!

I am in awe everyday that we keep going forward! When I was approached in early 2007 about doing a "reunion tour" I honestly thought we would do one tour, and within the year I'd be back home working my day job! Funny thing is, this many years later, here I am riding on my bus to the next city to perform! It is still surreal that we hold such a special place in the hearts of so many. In my head I am just a man from Boston Massachusetts who took a chance with this boyband called Nynuk back in the mid eighties! We hit it big as NKOTB and then it all ended 17 years ago! I am one for giving people second chances ,but to get a second chance is something that should never be taken for granted! You all not only have given us our second chance, you have now given us our third, fourth, and fifth! I cherish all the memories we have shared together and look forward to the many memories we will create in years ahead!

All my love and respect,

JK

ps. dont type on your laptop while driving down the highway! its worse than reading in a moving car! I may be blind right about now LOL

http://nkotb.com/users/jonathan/blogs/1351771

No comments:

Post a Comment