Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wahlberg and Snoop Dogg put their loyalties on the line

Never mind that boring bet between Hizzoner Tom Menino and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. How about rapper Snoop Dogg’s wager with the Celts’ No. 1 fan Donnie Wahlberg? The SoCal hip-hopper, who proudly wears the purple and gold of his beloved Lakers, bet the New Kid singer $20,000 that LA would have its way with Boston in the NBA Finals. (No, Wahlberg and Snoop aren’t tight, but they have met a few times and share a love of basketball.)
“I was just minding my own business, and a bunch of people tweeted me about Snoop’s bet,’’ Wahlberg told us before last night’s Game 6. “My first thought was, of course, but I also thought it might be illegal and I don’t need the IRS coming after me.’’ 
So Wahlberg suggested they do it for their respective charities, the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation and the Snoop Youth Football League. Snoop said sure but also upped the ante, declaring that the loser has to wear the other team’s jersey for a week. 
“I’d rather walk around with 20 live skunks hanging from me than wear a Lakers jersey, but OK,’’ 

Wahlberg told us. Win or lose, he’s suggested the bet be settled onstage at New York’s Radio City Music Hall, where NKOTB play tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. Wahlberg’s waiting to hear back. 
“I’ve always been a Snoop fan, obviously,’’ he said, “but this has been fun.’’
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2010/06/16/courtside_with_the_rich_and_famous/?page=2

No comments:

Post a Comment