Brian Littrell Says The NKOTB/ BSB Tour Is Confirmed!

Brian Littrell Says The NKOTB/ BSB Tour Is Confirmed!

 BSB member address the rumors of a NKOTB / BSB tour in 2011.


Summary / Partial transcript of Brian's call to "The Ber Show" (Q100/Atlanta) Nov 11th by misha_bsb.journallive.com

Part 2 – Tour dates have been confirmed for the New Kids On The Block/ Backstreet Boys Tour.
Bert, Lady Host/LH (Melissa? Jen?) and Brian

Brian: Good morning guys, how are you doing
LH: Good morning
Brian: *Sings* Good morning, I’m calling from my house
LH: I have a bone to pick with you. When when you came to the Bert Show, you said the NKOTB tour with the Backstreet Boys was only 78% for sure.
Bert: Did you tell a lie? Did you fib to us?

Brian: That was a while ago now, guys!
LH: Well congratulations!
Brian: Thank you! We’re extremely excited about it. We ended up closing the deal a few weeks ago, and just wanted to announce to the world, that there’s gonna be a lot of testosterone on stage.
Bert: Could you tell us how it came about? Who talked to who?
Brian: A couple of months ago we were on tour for the TIU album, and they were on tour closing out their US tour, and they invited us to come to New York.
I had been talking to Donnie quite a bit. We had had breakfast in New York and just kind of discussing things.
Managers were talking, We were talking, everyone was kinda talking about the idea.
We were invited to come up to New York and sing with them They were actually singing IWITW on stage at Radio City in New York.
We did it as a surprise to get see what kind of reaction from the fans
It was a great feelingl, an amazing feeling.
Like the awe in the audience was something I'd never felt before, kinda reminded me of the Millenium days. You know 1999, 2000.
We started talking about maybe doing a tour together.
I think the options are endless, I mean we’re talking about recording together, doing a some music.
Hopefully it’ll be a huge summer tour in 2011. Take it slow a few dates at time.
Come June and July we're going to bussing all around America.
LH: Who will be opening first if it’s a co-headlining tour?
Brian: We've gotten that question alot. It's really a joint venture. You've got about 200 million records sold between us and the New Kids
Our catalog really speaks for itself. I mean, we've been busting our butts for the past 16, 17 years,
And people know our songs, tney might not admit or want to come out of the closet
…The thing is, It's really going to be a joint effort. We're talking about opening the show together all 9 of us.
I think it's really going to be cool.
It's going to be an interesting combination to have their fan base as well as our fan base.
Because I mean to honest with you our fans might not even know the New Kids on the Block. When you've 18 year old, 19 year old,, 20 year olds kids, New Kids were doin' it 20 years ago - of course we were doin it almost 18 years ago - but it's a different demographic, you're got younger sisters, older sisters, they had their favorite band.
I think it's going to be a great combination.
It's going to be a great show. The New Kids are great performers and I think our track record speaks for itself.
Late 90’s early 2000’s
It was like, Who could do it bigger, blow it up bigger?
LH: What you are really saying is that the New Kids are going to open up the show and the Backstreet Boys are going to shut it down!
Brian: Well, I think the world will get a sample on the AMAs Nov 21st. It’s going to be the first time we’re gonna be on together, on stage.
I’ll be headed out to California next week to start rehearsals.
Donnie and I have been talking about music you’re gonna hear some great hits from our catalog.
It’s gonna have fun. It’s gonna be a great teaser 4 ½ minutes of what we’ll do together.
Bert asks Brian to sing a sample of NKOTB song
Brian: Oh man, I got all the girsl singing their songs, but it’s a really early in the morning. But how about this, check it out:
Brian sings the chorus from “Please don’t go girl”
Brian: Dude that was a jam. I think that was before Joe’s voice changed.
Burt: Crystal is on the phone, she has a question and a concern
Brian: Hi Crystal, what’s your concern?
Crystal: I went on the website trying to find out when the tour is coming to Atlanta and there were only 5 or 6 dates and none were Atlanta. Are you going to be adding more dates and are you coming to Atlanta?

Brian: We are going to be adding more dates. The first set of dates go on sale Nov 19 *list cities and dates*
I can assure you that we will be coming to Atlanta. If you or any listeners have any concerns or questions you can go to nkotbsb.com That’s New Kids on the Backstreet Boys
(Everyone laughs)
They are a heay load. (Brian laughs)
New Kids on the Backstreet Boys dot com
And check out all the announcements and tour photos, togetherness photos and just fun stuff.
But yes we’re definitely coming to Atlanta, and I can’t wait. But we will be announcing that in a few weeks.
Bert: Hey, what can our Nashville listeners know also? Do you have any plans to come to Nashville also?
Brian: Definitely! Definitely! I mean, I would love to, um, you know, we’re, trying to see how it goes, we want it to be slow and grow on people because there’s a lot of different fans that have different views about it but the response so far has been overwhelming
I think the slower we take it, it will be a little more steady through out the summer but I can assure you that all of June and into July we will be busting our butts on tour.
Bert: Can we get you to promise that right before you officially announce that you will be on in Nashville or Atlanta, you will call us and let us tell us first?
Brian: Yeah, I’ll do it!

“Thank yous”

Brian: The CMAs were awesome last night. The show was just great everybody performed great, I loved it. It was just great.

Comments

Popular Posts