Thursday, December 2, 2010

OLV Featured Reader: Lisa’s dream to meet Donnie Wahlberg finally comes true after 22 years!


Since the CBS series Blue Bloods started filming in New York City last summer, I have met so many great ladies who started following our site in hopes of getting a glimpse of one of show’s stars, Donnie Wahlberg (or DDub as he’s affectionately known), filming around the city.
This week, one of those lucky ladies, Lisa, was able to fulfill a dream 22 years in the making when she met Donnie on the Blue Bloods set in Queens.
Check out Lisa’s story below:
It was posted on OLV’s Twitter page that Blue Bloods was being taped in Queens on Steinway Street from 25 to 28th street. I told my husband, since he has relatives who live near there, to go and check it out after work. He went and saw them taping at a bar and was standing across the street to watch the taping near a white van. He asked them, “How long will you be shooting, since my wife has been a huge fan of Donnie Wahlberg for 22 years since she was 18, she is now 40″. The guy said until 10-11 p.m. and that if he wanted to get me he would make sure I met Donnie. So my husband came and got me and took me to the set.
I got there and the production trucks were leaving. I asked, “Are you all done for the night?”, and the guy said yes. So we drove down the street and I saw Donnie still in front of the bar where my hubby said they were taping. He was standing there and he is tall so I saw him right away. My husband let me out of the car right in front of him. This guy was like “$10.00 dollars for a picture” and I said I am not paying you since I waited 22 years to meet Donnie. Donnie started to laugh and he said, “Come here”. I gave him the tightest hug and I kissed him on the cheek really hard. He smelled so good, not sure if was cologne or aftershave!

Then I asked if I could take a picture and get his autograph. He said, “I have to leave soon but go ahead.” In the first picture he is looking down at me smiling. I never let go of him and held him tight. In the second picture we are both looking at the camera. He even took the camera form the girl I asked to take the pictures, since she did not know how to turn it on, and he did. Notice his phone, he had it in his hand and never let go of it, I think he was on Twitter the whole time! LOL I asked for an autograph and he said, “I have no time.” I showed him that I still have his concert doll and he said, “That’s so cool.”
I asked, “Can you follow me on Twitter if I give you my user name?” He said, “Follow me to the van, I have to go and you can give it to me.” I followed him and almost got hit by a car. I said to him, “I can’t die, I just met you.” He laughed and then took my hand and helped me to the sidewalk. I gave him the paper with my user name and he said, “That user name sounds familiar.” I told him, “I send you messages everyday but you never respond.” He said, “Sorry I have a lot of followers.” He was ready to close the door but he had the paper with my user name and let me kiss him again. OMG! Wow!
I got home and I had an email from Twitter and it says this: Donnie Wahlberg (@DonnieWahlberg) is now following your tweets (@Lisabella1670) on Twitter. OMG! He is actually following me on twitter!
I was so nervous but he was so nice and at one point said, “Relax babe.” Damn, he is so nice and smelled so good.
Here are the pictures ….Dreams do come true! Wow, I waited 22 years for this!

Thanks so much to Lisa for sharing her story with us and props to Donnie for following her on Twitter, just as he promised!  If you’ve had a great set experience, let us know about it at olv@onlocationvacations.com!

Source: http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/12/02/olv-featured-reader-lisas-dream-to-meet-donnie-wahlberg-finally-comes-true-after-22-years/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fox 59 News chat with Jordan Knight

Fox 59 News chat with Jordan Knight