Remember Betty Newsletter

Remember Betty Newsletter

5/2/11

Donnie Wahlberg Donates to Komen/Remember Betty
    On April 14, Donnie Wahlberg hosted his 'It's A Wrap' event in New York City to celebrate the end of the 1st season on Blue Bloods. 150 fans gathered in the theatre for the event. After viewing a clip from the series and a question and answer session, Donnie announced that the proceeds from the ticket sales of the event were being donated to Susan G. Komen For The Cure in memory of Betty Wood. We'll let Clarita tell the rest of the story:
     "Donnie  said that a dollar bill from the event was taped under someone's seat. Everyone reached down to see if it was them. When I reached down, I felt something hanging down and proceeded to pull at it. Before I knew it, I was holding the dollar in my hand. Donnie asked, "Who had the dollar?"
     I sat there in my seat for a few seconds in slight disbelief and then I said, "I did" and I held it up in the air. Then he asked to come down to join him in the front.
     When I got to the front of the theater he told me that I was going to make a phone call. Then he proceeded to ask me if I knew Danny Wood? Naturally I said yes. Then he told me that I was going to take his phone, speak to Danny and tell him that we just raised $5K for the Komen Foundation in honor of Remember Betty. Donnie put his phone on speaker, dialed the number, Danny answered and Donnie told him that he was in a movie theater with 150 fans and 1 of them has something to tell him. At that point the phone was handed to me and I introduced myself with my real name and my twitter name and told Danny verbatim what Donnie told me. "I was just calling to let you know that we just raised $5,000.00 for the Komen Foundation in honor of Remember Betty". Danny's initial reaction was "Wow"! Then he said that we were amazing and he thanked us.
     It was an amazing experience to take part in such a special event. It's a memory I am going to cherish for a lifetime."




Going on the NKOTB Cruise? Participate in Pink Night! Dress your best in pink to support breast cancer awareness. To celebrate Danny's Birthday on Saturday, May 14 we will be raising money for Susan G. Komen by Dancing for the Cure. Please make your $10 donation in the Formality Shop on Promenade Deck 5. Please see your Daily Caper for the shops hours. The Formality Shop will be closed for most of the day Saturday so please make your donation early.


For those of you looking for a Team Betty in your area, we've listed out below all the walks that currently have a Team Betty for you to join. On the other side, you'll find races that are open for registration that need a Team Betty. Click here for help on joining or forming a Team Betty. If you form a new Team Betty, please let us know by posting it on the Remember Betty Forum. If you still have questions, feel free to email Remember Betty.

Join or donate to Team Betty at the following races:


May 7:
Atlanta, GA
Boise, ID

Charleston, WV
Las Vegas, NV
Sacramento, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
Tyler, TX
Winston-Salem, NC

May 8:
Bloomington/Twin Cities, MN
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA

May 15:
West Orange, NJ

May 21:
Detroit, MI

June 4:
Hartford, CT
Washington D.C.

June 5:
Seattle, WA

June 11:
Buffalo, NY
Raleigh, NC
St. Louis, MO

July 22 - 24:

Boston 3 Day

September 16 - 18:
Seattle 3 Day

September 24:
Cincinnati, OH
Greenville, SC

October 1:
Charlotte, NC

October 2:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jackson, NJ
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

October 15:
Birmingham, AL

Virginia Beach, VA

October 16:
Boston, MA


October 28 - 30:
Tampa 3 Day

October 29:
Nashville, TN

November 6:
San Diego, CA

November 18 - 20:
San Diego 3 Day



Please check out 'This One's For The NKOTB' and their pre-cruise book launch.

Form a Team Betty for the following races:

May 7:
Ottumwa, IA
Peoria, IL
Richmond, VA

May 8:
Sioux City, IA

May 14:

Columbus, OH
Syracuse, NY

May 15:
Elmira/Twin Tiers, NY

Hamburg, Germany
Kalamazoo, MI

May 21:
Helena, MT

May 22:
Rome, Italy

May 29:
Bari, Italy

June 4:
Madison, WI

June 11:
Moline, IL
Plano, TX

June 25:
Brainerd Lakes, MN

July 16:
Aspen, CO

July 23:
Manchester, VT (VT and NH share a race)

July 29 - 31:
Cleveland 3 Day

August 5 - 7:
Chicago 3 Day

August 12 - 14:
Detroit 3 Day

August 13:
Cheyenne, WY

August 14:
Kansas City, MO

August 19 - 21:
Twin Cities 3 Day

September 9 - 11:
San Francisco 3 Day

September 10:
Cleveland, OH

September 11:
Portland, ME

September 18:
Bangor, ME
Columbia, MO

September 23 - 25:
Washington D.C. 3 Day

September 24:
Monroe, LA

September 25:
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Cookeville, TN
San Francisco, CA
Sioux Falls, SD

September 26:
Orange County, CA

October 1:
Houston, TX
Kearney, NE
Lubbock, TX

October 2:
Canadian/CIBC Walks (Please note Team Betty Canada is a National Team)
Omaha, NE
Reno, NV

October 9:
Albuquerque, NM

October 14 - 16:
Philadelphia 3 Day

October 15:
Dallas, TX
Lexington, KY

October 21 - 23:
Atlanta 3 Day

October 23:
Baltimore, MD

October 29:
Fresno, CA

November 4 - 6:
Dallas 3 Day

November 11 - 13:
Arizona 3 Day
Copyright © 2011 Remember Betty, All rights reserved.
 

Comments