Saturday, June 25, 2011

NKOTBSB's Atlanta concert review on Star94FM

NKOTBSB
Posted 6/24/2011 8:00:00 AM
Ok, so I am totally ok with admitting that I was a SUPER New Kids On The Block gooooober! Ask any of my friends from that time and they will 100% agree. I couldn't help it, cute boys singing and dancing...I was in! I won't admit however, what we used to do growing up in Los Angeles when we would find out that New Kids were in town because it's beyond embarrassing but let's just say I am glad we never got arrested for "stalking". lol Oh and Donnie was my favorite. Big buttons, shoe laces, I had it all and all and yes, because of said stalking I did eventually get to meet him AND take a picture! :o)

Fast forward to many years later...the NKOTBSB tour comes to Atlanta. Now, I do love me some Backstreet Boys too but I think the difference is I was pretty much a grown up when BSB came around so their musical affect was definitely different now that I was a grown up. But none the less I definitely was excited to see both BSB annnnnd NKOTB at Philips Arena the other night.

We loaded up a bunch of fun girls including Heather Branch who apparently has the same love for NKOTBSB as me and we made a total girls night out of the show! I gotta tell you, they were AH-mazing! They each took turns singing and they sounded just like they did years ago...AWESOME! They were all definitely on their A-game. Singing, dancing, girating (lol), interacting with the audience from on and off the stage. Brian from BSB has been on our show a few times and has always been so genuine and sweet and really, he is just a really great singer! He is good people!

Personal silly childhood girlie highlight of the night: At one point in the show, Donnie Wahlberg (my fave!) strutted down the cat walk stage and ripped off his tank top and we all went wild. hee hee And while it was a tad bit Chippendales, he looked pretty darn great at 41 (42 in August) years old and I say more power to him! (Thanks to FB friend Christina Carlisle for letting me steal her Donnie pic-see to your right) Oh and I only know how old is he because after the show I decided to google all of their ages to make me feel better about how old I am so here ya go just in case you were wondering too:

NKOTB
Jonathan 42
Danny 42
Donnie 41
Jordan 41
Joey 38

BSB
Kevin 39
Howie 37
Brian 36
AJ 33
Nick 31

Really, I can honestly say it was one of the most fun shows ever! It was like reliving my youth. I only hope next time around I will be able to meet my little Donnie Wahlberg as a grown up! A girl can dream...

Hey, did you guys go to the show? Who was your fave? Comment here and give me the scoop!

Ok back to reality...have a great weekend!!!

Cindy Wahlberg :o)
hahahahha

Source: http://www.star94.com/cindy/blogs/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10254458

No comments:

Post a Comment