Friday, February 22, 2013

New Joey's Blog

Day 13

Feeling good. Definitely feeling a lot better than I thought I would be at this point. Especially after that nightmarish first night. Who was that wuss?! :)
This week feels like I am moving up the learning curve. Figuring out how to run- where/how to place my foot each step. I am focusing on landing on the ball, but actually visualizing me coming off the ground as opposed to landing on it- staying light and “springy”. At first it seemed like I was on my toes, but that’s because I was used to using my whole foot, landing on the heel first. Now I am not really even touching my heal. Sooo much less stress on the bones and body.
I did some running drills this week working with pace and tempo and learning how to notice how my body works. Today I ran 7 miles- last 3.5 had to be faster than the first. To my dismay (at first) it was the same, but the first 3.5 is a net downhill, so going back is harder uphill and that figured in makes my last 3.5 faster. Right? :)
Nothing too heavy this weekend, but then Monday I am running 15 miles. My longest run ever.
Wow. This is fun. At the beginning, I thought I didn’t have time. Now it seems the more I do, the more I have time for…or maybe I just focus on everything I do, so I can make the most of it, and so it just feels like I am doing more.
Stay tuned for some kind of emotional crash in the next couple months, but for now I “run happy”.
-jm
 http://joeyjoemcintyre.tumblr.com/day/2013/02/22

No comments:

Post a Comment